[chuck-users] a few language questions

Juan-Pablo Caceres jcaceres at ccrma.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 10 22:45:06 EST 2007

Ge Wang wrote:
> Greetings!
>
>> AFAIK there is no mechanism to alter the capacity of an array, and at
>> present not much else in the way of handy data structures.  This is
>> something I've been meaning to ask about myself, though.  I've only been
>> using ChucK for a short time...
>
> Definitely an essential feature.  Dynamic/resizable arrays are currently
> not in the language, but we recently implemented it in ChucK and are
> currently in the testing phase.  Most likely it will be in the next
> release.
>
> Best,
> Ge!

Just as a follow up, a good place to get inspiration fro Array methods
is SC. I think this essential in any algorithmic composition environment
(without any specific preference order):

reverse
scramble
mirror
rotate
add
addFirst
insert
removeAt
pop
first
last
fill

etc...

I imagine that after the "guts" of arrays are implemented on C++ for the
language, most of these methods cold be implemented directly as chuck
classes. Looking froward for them!

JPa.