[chuck-users] MAUI logic question...

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 06:06:43 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 3:53 AM, Jascha Narveson <jnarveson at wesleyan.edu> wrote:

Hi Jascha!

I can't comment on the graphical elements as those haven't yet arrived on my
platforms but I do think you might gain some benefits from simplifying your
toggles slightly, if not now then perhaps in the future. (this is asuming
the graphical elements have get methods) Considder this;

> fun void controlSixteenths()
> {
> while (true)
> {
>

>  sixteenths => now;
>  !thirds.state() => thirds.state;

                   if (!thirds.state)        <<<"sixteenths on">>>;

>  else <<<"sixteenths off">>>;
> }
> }

This way your shreds of this type no longer have their own "state" to keep
track off which should help simplify problems like the one you have. This
should also make it easier to do things like having one button turn off
another, etc, by including that in the "if"clause.

Again; I didn't get to try the graphical elements yet so I'm not 100% sure
this will work but if it would it would considderably simplify your
situation.