[chuck-users] easy random numbers

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 18:53:16 EST 2007

Kassen wrote:
> On 20/11/2007, *Scott Wheeler* <wheeler at kde.org
> <mailto:wheeler at kde.org>> wrote:
>
> Additionally, at the risk of sounding sentimental, to me it seems
> slightly odd to have a "strongly timed" language that can't read the
> system time.

This is another one of those where the devil is in the details.  Just
having a function to pass through the value to C's time() would be
trivial.  (About 10 lines of code added to ulib_std.cpp)  However, with
support for time comes time zones, daylight savings time, conversions
between local time and universal time, addition and subtraction of time,
etc.  And then it's a big pain in the ass.

-Scott