[chuck-users] chuck <<-->>OSC<<-->>Python?

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Fri Oct 5 14:43:06 EDT 2007

On 05/10/2007, at 8.00, AlgoMantra wrote:

> ZERO KNOWLEDGE: OSC ( I have NO idea what it is, except that
> it may be useful for interfacing two platforms on the same computer.

I think an quick and and simplistic way to explain what OSC is about
is to say something along the lines of:

With OSC you can communicate information between programs, fx. audio
programs. They don't need to run on the same computer nor the same LAN.

The OSC messages are in the form '/foo/bar/value 1', but can be like
fx '/foo/bar/va/lue 1 2 testing'.

Appropriate OSC functionality in the program is then used to send,
read and uses the messages.

Hope that helps a wee bit.