[chuck-users] analog to digital conversion simulation

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 15:34:33 EDT 2007

On 10/12/07, eduard aylon <eduard.aylon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, to be accurate, should be using a Step instead of an Impulse,
> right? However, this results in lesser quality sounds...

Yes. asuming your emulated bit-rate is lower then your actual rate (if not
I'm out of my league....) you should use Step instead of Impulse for the DAC
because one emulated cycle will cover sever "real" ones and the value
shouldn't change in between (either that or the CPU will get more work then
it needs to have).

Hope that helps,