[chuck-users] stupid n00bie question: Part III

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:37:05 EDT 2007

Joerg, I'll try your method in a week or so, when I have gone past the basic
ontological hurdles.

Kassen...I had to install the latest version 1.2.1.1 to find that tracking
example.
I never realised when that came up! Your various points are very insightful,
but obviously I tried the simplest looking option - the last. I just had to
add a line to
make it work:

<<< Tracking.the_freq >>>;

I am presuming this would be the frequency in Hertz? The mic seems quite
sensitive, I get a
reading of around 64.6 from the ambient noise, mostly traffic from the
nearby road. Hmm....

That's on the wish-list, Ge said it depends on garbage collection because of
the splinters.
Perry commented a while back that woodChucKs might be protected as well so
that
would further complicate matters. Obviously it won't be useful at all until
we have trees
which are generally a form of lists and we don't have lists (yet?).

Yesterday afternoon I was just sitting at my new office/studio, and in my
head battling
out Chuck versus PD, both of which I know very little. I was wondering which
one to
invest time with to get fast results for my current experiment. Then from
the balcony
sauntered in the sound of three kids playing cricket....the fat kid was
scolding one
of the skinny boys.....

"You're chucking!"
"No chucking!"
"That was a Chuck!"

For a moment, I thought it was an Omen.

(PS: In cricket, "chucking" is when you do not complete the circular
follow-through
action while bowling, or bend your elbow weirdly.  Its a form of cheating.)

http://www.algomantra.com