[chuck-users] wavetable synthesis

dan trueman dtrueman at Princeton.EDU
Mon Oct 22 07:41:48 EDT 2007

> It's not yet 100% clear to me how this will interact with using
> multiple voices... Each voice will/can have it's own loop setting
> and track will determine playback within those loops, right? And
> clearly everything shares the same tracking signal? So this will
> result in a sort of "unison sample playback" for lack of a better
> word?

well, that *would* be a cool way to do it! at the moment, it only
works with one voice (assuming the settings of voice 0) when
1=>track, but i'll look at it some more and see if we can do what you
suggest. should be possible. good idea!

but, you can already play with the current implementation; should be
in the release that is out there.

in the next release there will also be a 2=>track mode, where it
interprets the input as a duration value (or literal time point)
within the buffer. this will obviously override any individual voice
loop-point settings, so will only make sense with one voice, but it's
kind of nice to be able to think in terms of time instead of phase
sometimes.

dan