[chuck-users] miniaudicle - DAC

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:12:51 EDT 2007

On 10/30/07, Peter Todd <chuck at xinaesthetic.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can't one just have a public class that you load everytime you start chuck
> with a few static Gain objects to use as busses?

Yes, you could and I think it would be functionally equivalent, except that
I imagined buses would pull samples (which could be done by using blackhole
in the class anyway).

What I'm after though is a more "casual" way of using buses for impulsive
coding sessions. I'm not sure what it is; I know I can do things like that
for additions to the syntax I know I could set up a little script to start
ChucK for me and load all of those and hardly ever notice but somehow that
doesn't seem so much fun. Maybe I'm just whining and should just do it?

> p.s. apologies if this ends up as a double post; I accidentally sent it
> once on (gasp) my normal email address, but that one should be cancelled
> now.

Looks fine to me, thanks for your concern.