[chuck-users] Installing on 64bit Ubuntu?

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:12:24 EDT 2007

> Are you sure you got jack installed (sudo aptitude install jackd
> qjackctl)? is it running? Can you get any sound out of it?
>
> Have you tried to make linux-alsa? does it work?
>
> A far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be any 64-bitness in Jack. What
> version are you using?
>
> Also, try chuck --probe.

Yes, Jack is working great and I have nothing but praise for the
UbuntuStudio team for their work with getting pro audio and Ubuntu into the
same room.

My Jack version is jackd 0.103.0

and chuck --probe gives:

JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
Enhanced3DNow! detected
SSE2 detected
[chuck]: found 1 device(s) ...
JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
Enhanced3DNow! detected
SSE2 detected
[chuck]: ------( chuck -- dac1 )---------------
[chuck]: device name = "Jack Server"
[chuck]: probe [success] ...
[chuck]: # output channels = 2
[chuck]: # input channels  = 2
[chuck]: # duplex Channels = 2
[chuck]: default device = YES
[chuck]: natively supported data formats:
[chuck]:   32-bit float
[chuck]: supported sample rates:
[chuck]:   48000 Hz
[chuck]:
[chuck]: ------( chuck -- 1 MIDI inputs )------
[chuck]:     [0] : "Midi Through Port-0"
[chuck]:
[chuck]: ------( chuck -- 6 MIDI outputs )-----
[chuck]:     [0] : "Midi Through Port-0"
[chuck]:     [1] : "TiMidity port 0"
[chuck]:     [2] : "TiMidity port 1"
[chuck]:     [3] : "TiMidity port 2"
[chuck]:     [4] : "TiMidity port 3"
[chuck]:     [5] : "qjackctl"
[chuck]:

and I'm experiencing nearly identical behavior (a couple different lines but
same essential messages) with 'make linux-alsa'  but I really do need a jack
version as my Firepod is only hosted by jack and not alsa.