[chuck-users] +=> now;

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 31 16:34:56 EDT 2007

Hi Juan-Pablo!

> use things like:
> 100::ms +=> now;
>
> I don't understand exactly the meaning of that, but I think it should be
> the same as: 100::ms => now;

That's exactly right.  In fact, 100::ms +=> now is the formal, more
semantically "correct" syntax, and 100::ms is a "shorthand".

> Is that notation depreciated? Because that line is crashing ChucK, this
> simple program:
> 1::second +=> now;

That would be a bug alright!  I repro'ed on windows and os x, and have
tracked down the problem to incorrect emission of instructions for +=>
now. It's now fixed in CVS.  I wonder how long that has been broken...
Apparently no one actually uses +=> now, huh huh.

Best,
Ge!