[chuck-users] Importing in Python - was: ChucK article(s)

robin.escalation robin.escalation at acm.org
Mon Sep 3 13:35:38 EDT 2007

I will not quote all of Gatti Lorenzo's post, which basically
suggested adding (most of) the Python namespace and import features
into ChucK. I think this would be wonderful and furthermore concur
with those features that needn't be implemented.

I would like to point out that the import mechanism relies on having
a list of paths to search in order to find the libraries. This would
also be needed in Chuck. Specifying such a list could happen in an
environment variable, configuration file, command-line argument, or
some combination of all three.

-- robin