[chuck-users] Breakage - ChucK application?

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 09:08:02 EDT 2007

> > It is a project called Breakage that uses ChucK as a
> > back-end and a Java application as the front-end.
> > Are there other projects like this?
>
> At this point I am considering doing the same with Python as a
> front-end and calling Chuck through OS system calls. This is less
> elegant than using SuperCollider since then the message passing could
> then be pure OSC. But I'm liking Chuck and have done a lot in a short
> time.

ChucK supports OSC as well, of course.
I've personally been thinking of designing an app along this
architecture too.. there's something about ChucK that seems to make a
good "audio engine".  Maybe because its programming paradigm is more
similar to a familiar procedural way of thinking than dataflow visual
languages are.

In any case, I think this is a good time to start thinking about
"libchuck"... :-)
I'm sure there are uses for it..

Steve