[chuck-users] Bluetooth and Wiimote: a long-term feature request

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 03:21:53 EDT 2008

> Although it is possible to use OSC to get at a Bluetooth HID sensor, that
sounds a bit over my head and would require a lot of effort and knowledge.
 It would be simpler to build a custom USB accelerometer using the Ultimark
A-PAC Version 2 USB interface and one or two ADXL330Z accelerometers, on
breakout boards from SparkFun Electronics.

Actually, I tried sending Midi from Osculator (osculator.net) once (using my
wiimote to control the pitch of a Nord Modular), and that wasn't very hard
at all. For me at least, it is several orders of magnitude easier than the
hardware stuff you suggest :) And since the site says Osculator supports OSC
forwarding (gotta try that out later), and receiving OSC messages in ChucK
is a breeze, that should be worth checking out. That is, if you use a Mac :/

/Stefan

--
Release me, insect, or I will destroy the Cosmos!