[chuck-users] A problem with the code

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 20:21:50 EDT 2008

On 19/04/2008, lucas samaruga <samarugalucas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list

Hi Lucas!

I'm working with ChucK in a musical project,

Yay! A wise choice too, much better then ChucK for database management,
probably. :¬)

and I have a problem with the code.
> This code generates 3 different error menssages in my machine
> (running chuck-alsa on linux), depending on the amount of
> components in an array.

I just glanced over it but I suspect at least issue 2) is one of the (new?)
issues where (un)certain problems of resolving type on arrays (maybe
especially when using functions) leads to seg-faults.

There's good news in that Ge is looking into this and I found so far that in
all cases where I ran into this (if it's the same thing) so far we can write
around it.

Another thing worth mentioning is that ChucK shouldn't seg-fault at all.
Maybe it should kill the shred when the error happens or give a error at
compilation but not seg-fault and quite working altogether.

It's rather late here and your comments are in a language I don't speak (I
think Spanish?) so I hope you'll excuse me if I don't have a solution right
away but that issue is likely to be fixed relatively soon and I rate suspect
we could work around it as well. Just not right now :¬)