[chuck-users] MAUI for PC/Linux

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 21:34:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 7:18 PM, mike clemow <gelfmuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>  right OSC messages.  I guess what I'm suggesting is a similar Paradigm
>  for setting up responders in Chuck code for UI elements if they are
>  around.  Perhaps...
>
>  SinOsc s => dac;
>  OSCResponder resp;
>  resp.type( "f" );                   // f is for "float" - OSC has
>  float, int, and string
>  resp.port( 9001 )
>  resp.address( "/test" );       // the address in OSC namespace
>  resp => s.gain;                 // plug it in...  (if this sort of
>  thing is possible, since right now this attribute wouldn't accept this
>  object)
>
>  In my Chuckian fantasy,  ;-)  if the shred received a /test OSC
>  message on port 9001 with a matching type signature, it would "chuck"
>  the value into s.gain.

This would be perfect for me, I desperately want a simpler (i.e., less
code) way to create OSC-enabled parameters.
I think it would even be possible to do this easily with Chuck code if
it supported references for primitive types.
(I'll draw attention yet again to:
<http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/References_for_primitives.>)

Although my suggestion didn't use the chuck operator => which is a
pretty cool idea.

I think this would be a fantastic thing to get implemented, I'll have
to have a closer look at the Chuck code when I get a chance.

Steve