[chuck-users] 4 channels output

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 07:17:13 EDT 2008

2008/4/28 Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I'd like to address 4 outputs under linux. Currently my soundcard has only
> 2 channels out. So before I rush out and buy something I'd like to know: can
> chuck can handle multiple outputs?

Yes, it can. And multiple inputs as well. I'm not sure if there is a max to
that but I tested it up to 10 channels.

I think, BTW, that Jack should be perfectly fine with letting you work with
a dozen virtual outputs even if those would eventually all end up at stereo
out (maybe after effects or some multi-track program or....). Jack doesn't
assume programs just want to send audio to the card, it's fine with sending
it to other programs instead.

Your request channels at the start of the VM, if your code goes over that
max you'll get a null-pointer exception.