[chuck-users] Organizing Chuck Projects

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 17:17:31 EST 2008

Michael,

"Currently I just cut and paste the classes I need into each script,
since then you don't have to determine the proper order."

Call me crazy, but it just seems like there ought to be a better
way...  ;-)  But I totally understand that being the most stable way
of doing this right now.

So, I've heard on the list something about Rebecca and Ge's Chuck
preprocessor, the features of which I'm unclear.  And there's this
unique feature of Chuck that you can throw code at it from across a
network, which is amazing.  And these things seem to combine to form a
context in which a build environment / live-coding session manager
mashup might come in really handy.  I'm thinking about it as some
platform for people to build their own little class library in Chuck
for themselves.  If it were standardized enough, then it might become
something like Quarks in SC or apt-get repositories in Linux, or
something like that (way later on).

I don't have time for a project like this until after the 19th, but
I'm thinking about hacking some prototype of this sort of thing
together in Python/Chuck over the winter break.  Does this sound like
an helpful thing or is it totally bogus?

-Mike

http://michaelclemow.com
http://semiotech.org