[chuck-users] I Put A Physics Engine In Chuck

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Dec 15 00:16:34 EST 2008

Well, I'm having fun with chuck and plan on using it for a little music
like project.  In order to make the project work though, I needed a
physics engine in chuck, so I put one in there:

http://rafb.net/p/SRbR9A13.html

That's a sample from my hack in progress.  I just put in Box2D_Lite for
now to get the idea working, but so far it's pretty nice.

Right now all I've got is a Physics UGen that lets you put in an
observer and a sound source, and then set their movement.  It will then
determine the distance and adjust the gain.  Next up is pan for
left/right of observer, colliding events, and maybe a doppler effect
pitch shift based on velocity.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://freehackersunion.org/