[chuck-users] Scite script for Chuck

Martin Ahnelöv operagasten at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:45:13 EST 2008

ons 2008-02-06 klockan 14:47 +0530 skrev AlgoMantra:
> Hi there - another question which will show you how little
> I know about linux (or any kind of) machines.
>
> I use Scite as my script editor on Ubuntu Gutsy (Linux/Debian),
> and I need a syntax highlighter for Chuck stuff. The wiki suggests
> that I use this python script as my IDE:
>
> http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/Smallest_ChucK_IDE_Ever
>
> Now my question is...which directory do I put this .py script in to
> run? I mean,
> i've noticed that Chuck files can only be thrown in the VM from
> a terminal which is in that directory that contains the .ck file
> being chucked? And I often need to switch directories to access
> different files.
> Or can this .py run in some kind of global manner?

 I'd place it anywhere I wanted. be it in my home, with my chuckfiles,
or in /usr/local/bin, or something else. Just execute it with
"python /path/to/runchuck.py path/to/file.ck", and you're all set.

(btw, even if the wiki tells you to do something, you don't need to do
it. But if you like Scite...)

Gasten