[chuck-users] LiSa

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:08:29 EST 2008

On 14/02/2008, Johan Nilsson <artbysnipers at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have been looking at Lisa a bit the last few days and cant really figure
> out how to load wave file samples into her. One way would be to chuck a
> SndBuf to her and let time pass, but it seems stupid because it is
> inefficiend in both code length, memmory useage and startup time. Is there
> any good way to load wave files to Lisas wave table?

I fear that SndBuf, exactly as you suggest, is the way to go until we get
the announced method of manually writing samples to it at certain locations.
Once we get that there will be a method that's faster but will need more
code.

If memory usage is a issue I suppose you could connect a external sample
player to ChucK and LiSa's input.....

Using SndBuf does have the added advantage that you can use the strategy for
zero-crossing detection I posted about a while back.

I hope that clarifies things?

Kas.(proud member of the LiSa fan-club)