[chuck-users] chuck and jack fedora linux

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 23:01:50 EST 2008

Hi All,

When i first installed chuck a few months ago it worked right away without
any problems.  Now I have it installed on a new fedora Linux system and I
can't get it to work.
I want to use it with Jack so first I start Jack with qjackctl.  Then I try
to run the example foo.ck program and I get one of these two messages:

JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
[chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for compiled audio APIs!
[chuck]: cannot initialize audio device (try using --silent/-s)

Or sometimes just:

JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
Aborted

I've tried using it without Jack too with no success.

Can anyone tel me how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!