[chuck-users] chuck and jack fedora linux

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:52:48 EST 2008

chuck --version:

chuck version: (dracula)
   exe target: linux (jack)
chuck --probe (same result with and without Jack running):

[chuck]: (via rtaudio): no devices found for compiled audio APIs!
[chuck]: ------( chuck -- 2 MIDI inputs )------
[chuck]:     [0] : "Midi Through Port-0"
[chuck]:     [1] : "M Audio Delta 1010 MIDI"
[chuck]: ------( chuck -- 2 MIDI outputs )-----
[chuck]:     [0] : "Midi Through Port-0"
[chuck]:     [1] : "M Audio Delta 1010 MIDI"

Jack works without problems with other applications such as Ardour and

Starting Jack from command line:  jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2

jackd 0.103.0
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.

SSE2 detected
apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback

Other tings that may be useful:
I installed chuck and Jack from Planet ccrma.
Kernel: #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Tue Feb 12 16:33:20
EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

rpm -qa | grep jack:

Thanks so much!

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com>