[chuck-users] windows and under privileged users

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:18:41 EST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008 1:48 PM, Jeremy Hunt <jrmy at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to use ChucK to teach a digital audio synthesis class.
> The class is taught in a PC lab with winxp (I have little experience
> with winxp).  My question, is it possible to run chuck --loop from
> under privileged accounts?  My tests end up crashing chuck (same with
> miniAudicle) when I chuck + foo.ck to a looped chuck.  What protocol
> does chuck use to communicate from one terminal to the next when
> using --loop?  Any help on steps to get this running would be much
> appreciated.

I haven't done much chucking under windows, but I happened to be
logged into an XP machine so I downloaded chuck 1.2.1.1 off the web
site and tried 'chuck --loop' in a cygwin window, and 'chuck +
demo1.ck' in another window.  It seemed to work fine...

You're not running 64-bit or anything like that?
Oh, I just realized I'm running as a developer so I have full
priviledges on this machine.
Maybe not so helpful then.
Does it only crash for you when you are in an underpriviledged account?

Steve