[chuck-users] Scite script for Chuck

Thomas Friese djtasmo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:50:12 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 9:26 AM, AlgoMantra <algomantra at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 9, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > lör 2008-02-09 klockan 09:00 +0530 skrev AlgoMantra:
> >
> > >         There is syntax-highlighting for vim on the wiki, and I have
> > >         made some
> > >         commands to operate the VM from inside Vim.
> >

> > Right, yes, sorry 'bout that. You need to create the files/directories
> > you miss.
> >

> Okay, I have made the modifications as suggestion (syntax folder
> where you put the ck.vim file, and the filetype.vim file) but
> when I run $vim filename.ck I see no highlighting. Is there
>  something else I need to do to use this functionality?
>
> - rohit
> --

Yes, it's written in the wiki too:

"Tip from Graham Percival:
" If you cannot write to /usr/share/  (lacking root privileges),
    "   enter these commands:
    "     $ echo "syntax on" >> ~/.vimrc
    "     $ mkdir ~/.vim
    "     $ mkdir ~/.vim/syntax
    "     $ cp ck.vim ~/.vim/syntax/
    "     $ echo "if exists(\"did_load_filetypes\")
    "           finish
    "         endif
    "         augroup filetypedetect
    "          au! BufNewFile,BufRead *.ck setf ck
    "          augroup END" >> ~/.vim/filetype.vim

cheers
Thomas