[chuck-users] cast dur to time?

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:14:59 EST 2008

Kassen,

That actually doesn't make sense to me.  2::second has no reference point to
when it started or when it ends.  It's just 2 seconds of duration.  So, for
me, this:

2::second $ time => time later;

seems so implicit that it's ambiguous.  I would, however, agree that there
ought to be a (dare I say) keyword for the time at which the VM started so
that you could basically do the same thing that you did in the first line.

vmstart + 2::second => time afterVmStarted;

Of course, you could just approximate this functionality by having this line
run the moment the vm starts:

now => time vmstart;

Then, you'd be able to the do everything relative to that time.  At least,
that's how I would solve it.

-Mike

http://semiotech.org
http://blog.deadlylittlepills.com