[chuck-users] winxp problems?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 15:22:13 EST 2008

On 20/01/2008, miya6611 <duo at mindblast.jp> wrote:
> hello.

Hi, Miya!

I downloaded "chuck-".
> But --version is as follows.
> Chuck version: (Dracula)
>    Exe target: Microsoft win32
>    http: //chuck.cs.princeton.edu/
> example/analysis does not operate :(

Ok, that is odd. are you sure you copied the right chuck.exe to your
windows/system32 directory? That would be my first guess, this sounds like
you are accidentally calling a older version. Perhaps you are working from a
directory that also holds the older executable? In that case CMD will first
use that one, before trying your path.

> chuck --bufsize950
> [chuck]: no input files... (try --help)

That's right. What happens here is that you start chuck with a certain
buffer size, chuck starts, discovers it has nothing to do and quits.

chuck --bufsize950 --loop

chuck --bufsize950 my_file.ck

or even

chuck --bufsize950 --loop my_file.ck

Also remember that if bufsize isn't a power of 2 (which 950 isn't, I fear)
chuck will round it to the next power of two, being 1024 in this case.

Hope that gets you up & ChucKing!