[chuck-users] Help!

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 18:33:26 EST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 4:50 PM, Kassen <signal.automatique at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, unless you are sure what you are doing and have a specific purpose for
> it I would stick to 44.1K. 48 is clearly better on it's own (it's more....)
> but the higher resolution isn't worth the artefacts of down-sampling if you
> ever decide to burn a CD of your work. Even established, professional and
> expensive packages often make of mess of that so I recommend sticking to CD
> quality and going to double or four times that if you need higher resolution
> for some purpose, and steering clear of 48 and it's multiples unless you are
> sure that's a good idea.

Well, that's good advice and I'll take that to heart, but mostly I was
just befuddled by the error.  It was also with miniAudicle, so I'm not
sure about the extra '0's thing.

I guess that if I encounter the issue again I'll pay more attention to
what else is going on.  It might have been that Audacity was also
running, which may have monopolized the sound card.  In fact I'll test
that...

Nope, that didn't reproduce the error.  I tried setting the sample
rate on both at different settings and times, and starting one before
the other and vice versa.  No dice.  Audacity does make the Chuck VM
hang, sometimes, however, so they clearly don't like each other.

-Mike

http://semiotech.org
http://blog.deadlylittlepills.com
http://www.murderkills.com