[chuck-users] Intercepting and Routing Audio

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:20:47 EDT 2008

2008/7/14 Rich Caloggero <rjc at mit.edu>:

>  Is there anything like SoundFlower for windows?

EMU soundcards use a driver that includes a mixer that can route inputs to
outputs. Both in and out may be real (as in jacks on your hardware) or
virtual (to connect programs to).  I think you are still stuck with one ASIO
client max but I find it quite convenient. You route at will between normal
Windows audio clients.

Hardly a general purpose solution but it could be worthwhile to keep in mind
when picking a card should you be in the market for one.

Sadly open/free programs like ChucK can't use Rewire and I'm not sure I like
Rewire's master-slave architecture.

I hear good things about Reaper, a audio editor that can create virtual
devices for routing, it might be worth a look is that would suit your needs.