[chuck-users] chuck 1.2.1.2 still doesn't work on 64-bit linux

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 12:02:30 EDT 2008

2008/7/21 Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1 at gmail.com>:

> > Has anyone been able to get version 1.2.1.2 to work on 64-bit linux,
> > without 32-bit compat libraries?
> >
> > It builds fine for me but seg faults on nearly every example.
>

> People really need to stop complaining about this and start offering
> to help fix it instead.

Dear Steve,

while  I agree that involvement is better then simply "consuming" and indeed
we depend on it, Michael's post sounded more like a description of symptoms
and a request for help or pointers then like a "complaint" to me. We don't
know whether he might be planning to help and used this post to see if
somebody had already made a start.

I'm fully behind what I believe was your intention; to encourage
involvement, but I feel getting involved (in any way) is probably more
accessible if we assume good intentions on the part of our fellow ChucKists.

Michael,

Are you implying you *did* get ChucK to run on 64 bit Linux using "32-bit
compat libraries"? If so would it be possible for you to document this
process? Say- on the WiKi? I don't run 64 bit Linux myself but I'm getting
the impression, particularly on the forum, that some people are on 64 bit
Linux and believe they can't ChucK on it at all. If I'm reading your post
right your attempts at this could mean a lot to some of them.