[chuck-users] a example of thinking on interface mapping

mike clemow gelfmuse at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 22:11:28 EDT 2008

Hey Kas,

> ... I'll
> upgrade if I stick to this idea and something better comes along, maybe a
> hybrid of a ready made joypad and quality sensors.

I guess I was suggesting that you build your own interface.  I do a
lot of that in my work.  I think an Arduino and a 3-axis accelerometer
would be pretty sick start to a sweet interface.  You could even add
all the buttons that you wanted anyway.   Having some programability
on the microcontroller would provide some extra flexibility and power
sensing certain gestures (and distinguishing them from others).  My
controllers usually speak to the computer via serial (or usb) and I
write some Python script or whatever to read those values off the
serial bus and shoot them out as OSC to Chuck.  It works pretty well,
although you do have to get over some of Chuck's idiosyncratic OSC
issues.  ;-)

-Mike

http://semiotech.org