[chuck-users] sending program change

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 04:19:44 EDT 2008

Hi

I'm trying to send program change messages from chuck, but fail. I've
been looking at stuff like this:

https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/pipermail/chuck-users/2007-January/001426.html
http://www.rattus.net/~packrat/audio/ChucK/files/midisender.ck

Using the first URL (a post from Kassen), I try this:

192 => midimessage.data1;
3 => midimessage.data2;
bcrMidiOut.send(midimessage);

But get "[chuck](via RtMidi): RtMidiOut::sendMessage: event parsing
error!". Note: I can send 3 byte messages on the port without problems,
I'm thinking it's the 2 byte nature of program change that I doesn't
handle correctly. I'm not too much into the deeper working of neither
midi messages or what chuck does, so if someone could point me in the
right direction, I'd be thankful!

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte