[chuck-users] A new weird controller

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 20:50:13 EDT 2008

Hey dude..

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is basically a device that lets you manipulate 3d-games in the same
> way as the wiimote does, except that this one got force feedback so you
> can for example feel weather the surface you are touching is soft or
> hard, and so on.

The software I'm working on at the moment is for this.  I'm writing a
program called Dimple which lets you set up a rigid body simulation,
but communicate with it using Open Sound Control, so that you can use
it with programs like PureData and Chuck.  So it lets you create
virtual controllers for sound synthesis that you can touch.

It's still a work in progress, but feel free to check it out.  The
current dev version (in source control) is compatible with the Falcon.
 (I've got one..)

http://idmil.org/software/dimple

You'll have to wait a little while longer for binaries that support
the Falcon out of the box though.
Also, their drivers are Windows-only.  There are Linux drivers under
development here: http://libnifalcon.sf.net

Steve