[chuck-users] Returning a Shred and crashing Chuck

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 20:18:38 EDT 2008

mike clemow:

> I guess even using the public keyword for sporked shreds (if functions
> ever become objects  ;-)  for some kind of global access to the
> namespace, maybe?

Well... A "Shred" is already a class and a object...
======================
public class Foo extends Shred
{
//stuff
}
===============
...is entirely legal, it just won't do anything useful, more or less like
extending a Ugen; it'll parse and compile as a class but gives errors once
you try using it.

> Of course, we'd have to distinguish between a "public" and a "fun" first.
>  ;-)
>
> Yeah... and garbage collection, and....

There's this rhyme my father used to say to me. It's untranslatable to
English but 'd summarise it as "desire keeps one going" (or maybe "keeps us
going").

;¬)

Have a nice weekend,