[chuck-users] A new weird controller

Kyle Machulis (qDot) kyle at nonpolynomial.com
Tue Jun 17 02:10:27 EDT 2008

Actually, I suppose I should expand my explanation, heh.

Outside of developing the library, I've got Max and Pd externals for the
Falcon, using the Flext external porting layer. I'll be happy to wrap it
up under ChucK too if anyone is interested, it can't be too hard, right? :D

Right now, libnifalcon runs on any platform supporting either the FTDI
D2XX driver series (Windows and Linux, mac is /really/ flakey), or else
any platform that you can compile libusb for (which is, like, a bunch of
them), and then using libftdi on top of that.

Technically, "out of the box" binaries will work on windows since I
recommend using libnifalcon with the D2XX drivers on there, and Novint's
own drivers run on top of that. :)

I've got basic IK/DK algorithms in, though their accuracy is iffy at
best (as we speak, there's a student working on getting things nice and
precise as part of his thesis work). If you want to know the in and outs
of the controller itself, I recommend checking out our wiki, which has
most everything we know so far.

http://libnifalcon.wiki.sourceforge.net/