[chuck-users] Problem building miniAudicle (Linux)

Mr.SpOOn mr.spoon21 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:44:37 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten at gmail.com> wrote:
>  ons 2008-03-12 klockan 18:12 +0100 skrev Mr.SpOOn:
>  > I compiled ChucK again, this time with make linux-alsa, because I was
>  > getting an error when I tried using Jack.
>  >

>  This is most likely because you do not have the development package. you
>  need to install jackd-dev in ubuntu/debian, or the package appropriate
>  for your dist.

I can't find that package, but I already have installed libjack-dev

>  Try looking at your system's samplereate contra chuck's. These should be
>  the same.

How shall I look these values?

> If that doesn't help, use chuck --probe to see what info chuck
>  gets about your soundcard.

I get this:

[chuck]: found 5 device(s) ...
[chuck]: device name = "hw:I82801DBICH4,0"
[chuck]: probe [success] ...
[chuck]: # output channels = 0
[chuck]: # input channels  = 2
[chuck]: # duplex Channels = 0
[chuck]: default device = YES
[chuck]: natively supported data formats:
[chuck]:   16-bit int
[chuck]: supported sample rates: