[chuck-users] maui/widgets under linux

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 11:14:42 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Atte André Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I'm wondering what's the status of a new release of chuck/miniAudicle?
>  Mostly I'm hoping for maui/widgets to work under linux, will this happen?

Better question: why is there no information on the chuck or
miniAudicle pages on how to contribute code?  I think the best way to
get things moving with chuck would be to make it easy for people to
help.  This means providing instructions on the code repository,
possibly providing a patch submission system, having some developer
documentation, and having an active maintainer willing to integrate
patches and discuss ideas.

To be fair, I did manage to figure out some time ago how to
anonymously connect to the chuck CVS, but it's not obvious from the
site.  If they used a system like git it would be easy to generate
patches and share them on the mailing list.

anyways, my 2 cents.. why not try to generate some developer interest?

In any case I always figured if I had something to contribute (and
hopefully i will sometime this summer) I would just post patches to
this mailing list but so far I've seen little of that kind of
activity.  I know there are a few chuck users with coding skills out
there so I'm a little surprised as the lack of contributions.  I can
only attribute it to the lack of information about contributing on the
web sites.

Steve