[chuck-users] MAUI for PC/Linux

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Mar 31 05:17:03 EDT 2008

Hello Inventor,
First let me commend your MAUI exploits!  That pong game is fun... we
definitely didn't anticipate animated UI widgets floating around when
this stuff was written.  Although, we do recognize the need also for
some sort of basic drawing 2D API.  Might I recommend trying an "LED"
element for the pong ball though?  Seems a little more natural for
that to be bouncing around than a square block...

As to porting MAUI to Windows and Linux, it seems clear that my
physical departure from the Princeton Soundlab has tempered my
miniAudicle-hacking vigor.  However, given the current "swell" of
interest (4 people counts as a swell for miniAudicle) in porting MAUI
to other platforms, I think I can get back in the game and have some
results in the next few weeks.  There should be something in CVS to
start playing with sooner--the basic structure of MAUI for Windows/
Linux is implemented, its mostly a matter of filling in blanks and
testing.

spencer