[chuck-users] recording

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun May 4 09:30:42 EDT 2008

2008/5/4 Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten at gmail.com>:

> You mean, like...
>
> SinOsc s => dac => WvOut rec;
>
> ? ie, to use dac as a pass-through.
>
> I tried that some time ago, and it didn't work. dunno if it's intended
> to work. Try this instead:

That's intended to work, yes. In fact it should work from other shreds/files
as well so one file can record what another file generates.

This isn't just useful for recording to files but also for having LiSa remix
other shreds which is one of my favourite livecoding tricks. If that broke
on Win it broke in the most recent version, I haven't been on the last Win
version for that long yet as I didn't have a ASIO build yet and my liveset
depends on ASIO.

WvOut has been having some issues, I seem to remember a question on the
forum from a while ago where it generated a .wav that didn't just not play
but also corrupted a iTunes library. Now, that's not such good design on
iTunes's part but WvOut shouldn't do that.

What I'm sure doesn't work is sending a signal to the ADC to have a shred
pretend it's external input to other shreds. This would be convenient for
testing but also in line with how the DAC (should) work so I'd like to
propose that for consideration for future versions.