[chuck-users] OSC reception not working

Sciss contact at sciss.de
Mon May 5 07:52:34 EDT 2008

no that was not the problem. in fact, PD (which as opposed to max has
only a float primitive) automatically uses "i" instead of "f" if the
argument is an integer (though float) number. Anyway, SuperCollider
has both ints and floats. the problem also occurs if i send a message
without any arguments, so it seems that OscRecv is basically broken
and does not adher to the OSC specification.

ciao, -sciss-

Am 05.05.2008 um 13:11 schrieb eduard aylon:
> Hi Sciss,
>
> I had the same with PD and Chuck and the reason was taht PD sends
> numbers as floats. The same may be true for SC. Probably you can
> force them to be sent as ints, or try to receive a float in Chuck
> and see if the message is recieved.
>
> hope it helps,
>
> eduard
>
> On 4 May 2008, at 21:02, Sciss wrote:
>> should add that it has nothing to do with SC, as the same problem
>> occurs from for example PD:
>>
>> #N canvas 505 179 435 193 10;
>> #X obj 75 52 sendOSC;
>> #X msg 39 17 connect 127.0.0.1 6449;
>> #X msg 20 93 send /test 33;
>> #X msg 209 17 connect localhost 6449;
>> #X connect 1 0 0 0;
>> #X connect 2 0 0 0;
>> #X connect 3 0 0 0;
>>

>> Am 04.05.2008 um 20:43 schrieb Sciss:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i'm trying to send an OSC message from SuperCollider to chuck,
>>> which doesn't work. no matter what i do, the OscEvent seems never
>>> to be decoded...
>>>
>>> ChucK:
>>>
>>> OscRecv recv;
>>> 6449 => recv.port;