[chuck-users] OSC reception not working

Sciss contact at sciss.de
Mon May 5 07:54:03 EDT 2008

both SC3 and PD have a fully working OSC implementation (in fact
SuperCollider was one of the programs that introduced OSC).

it seems that even within ChucK the communication doesn't work:

OscRecv recv;
6449 => recv.port;
recv.listen();
recv.event( "/test, i" ) @=> OscEvent oe;

fun void pollOscEvent()
{
     <<< "HUHU" >>>;
     while ( true )
     {
         oe => now;

         <<< "DOING" >>>;

         while( oe.nextMsg() )
         {
             <<< oe.getInt() >>>;

spork ~ pollOscEvent();
me.yield();

OscSend trns;
trns.setHost( "127.0.0.1", 6449 );
trns.startMsg( "/test, i" );
trns.addInt( 33 );

the above runs up to printing "HUHU" and that's it....

ciao, -sciss-