[chuck-users] I like alias-noise and 8bit

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun May 18 09:44:13 EDT 2008

Kassen wrote:

> Here you go; This example should be quite clear and suitable for
> extending for your own purposes, I think, but if I'm wrong please do shout.

Thanks alot. I feel embarrased that I didn't know about last being
available for all ugens. I (believe it or not) did look in the
documentation, but for ugens and no last is listed there, however I
should have looked at http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/language/ugen.html

I'll have a look at your examples, and modify for my needs.

> I'd also like the following to work but it seems like I can extend Step
> but the result will -for some strange reason- not be a Ugen. I'm not the
> greatest OOP wizard but I really feel that if I extend  Ugen the result
> should be a Ugen as well. Right now we can extend it but not actually do
> anything with the result.

Ok, so you're in chuck, I was thinking about going c++...

Anyways, I had the impression that defining our own ugens in chuck-code
wasn't supported, but I sure hope I was wrong. Obviously this would make
the LoFi example sooo smooth:

SndBuf s => LoFi l => dac;
s.read("something.wav");

22100 => l.rate;
8 => l.bits;

1::week => now;

The second last section on
http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/language/ugen.html says "creating
[ugens], comming soon". It seems this (missing) info is exactly what I'm
looking for.

Could any of the coders fill us in?

--
peace, love & harmony