[chuck-users] chuck, PD and OSC

Brad Garton garton at columbia.edu
Mon May 19 16:42:09 EDT 2008

Seriously, when I was building rtcmix~ (which acted as the template
for chuck~),
I don't think flext was fully-developed.  Plus there is some
weirdness in the way
I do the dynamic loading, not sure about flext compatability
(probably is easy).
flext does look like a nifty approach, does it work with Xcode yet?

There is a PD chuck~ object, as noted in an earlier post.  Plus
source for
all this stuff is on-line, feel free to flext-ize it!

brad
http://music.columbia.edu/~brad

On May 19, 2008, at 5:42 AM, Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:

> Hmm
>
> I am mainly a PD User but had a short look into chuck....
>
> For now i cannot grasp the capabilities that a chuck~object brings
> into max or PD, but i am very interested..
>
> Its a shame you didnt use "flext" (you know it ??)
>
> http://www.parasitaere-kapazitaeten.net/ext/flext/
>
> That way we had a PD-object as well..
>
> Since i am not a programmer i cannot do the port, do you think it
> is a lot of effort ???
>
> Thanks Luigi
>
> Am 06.12.2007 um 18:10 schrieb garton at columbia.edu:
>
>> Quoting Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1 at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Some day I'd like to see a standardized shared-memory approach to
>>> passing OSC messages, which would be insanely fast on a local
>>> machine.
>>>  (Though, I believe that local loopback sockets are often
>>> implemented
>>> using shared memory, and are thus pretty much just as fast.  Not
>>> sure
>>> if this is the case in Linux, I've been meaning to look it up for a