[chuck-users] [livecode] granular music recommendations?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:37:38 EDT 2008

2008/5/20 Mike McGonagle <mjmogo at gmail.com>:

> Thanks, while I have to still read your whole post, I kind of figured this
> is what you meant. Guess after a while of hearing a particular word, it
> starts to lose some of its meaning... I will have to read your whole post
> now, as it looks on first glance to be worth reading MORE than once...

If it looks like this is "hard" stuff that's entirely my fault. On some
level you already know all of this; knocking on a door with the palm of your
hand will sound different from how it does when you knock it with your
knuckles. It'll sound different in a few ways at the same time (spectral
content, volume, decay time etc) after changing a single parameter. The ways
in which is sounds different could also be accomplished in other ways, like
for example knocking harder.

There's nothing new here, it's just like with so many other things one might
want to put in code; you have to be concious of the phenomenon to type it up
(or take it into account).

> Just as a thank you, I also ordered a copy of Microsound, and hope to have
> it next week.

Not being Curtis Roads I'm not sure exactly *how* this thanks me but I
appreciate the gesture :¬). I don't think you'll regret that buy, it's the
kind of book that'll be with you for years as a reference and source of
inspiration.

Happy synthesising,