[chuck-users] ChucK linux requirements issue

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Wed May 21 12:43:55 EDT 2008

Kas wrote:

> Dear list (and devs/ admins),
>
> The ChucK download page ( http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/release/ ) doesn't
> mention that on Linux ChucK requires a 32 bit system (and not 64, right
> now).
>
> I strongly suspect this to be the cause of confusion/segfaulting here;
> http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26414
>
> (though I may be wrong)
>
> I would recommend putting this "on the packaging" so we can go on to new and
> innovative ways of seg-faulting and being confused.
>
> In case I'm wrong; do we have a Fedora-expert who might be able to help
> Flies there?
>
> Yours,
> Kas.

Yes, this is a 64-bit problem.

With a little tweaking and recompiling I got a 64-bit chuck binary
that would run a few of the examples but seg faults on nearly
everything (things that reference libsndfile, for instance).
Unfortunately I'm not much of a C hacker and don't know where to go
from here.

   michael