[chuck-users] Crashage

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:12:54 EDT 2008

2008/5/23 thor <th.list at gmail.com>:

> Hey
>
> Just dropping in.

Cool! I like your piece on the ogg LOSS compilation.

(here; http://www.loss.access-space.org/lc_temp/ for those who don't have it
and would like it; 2 and a half hours of livecoding music for romantic
evenings and scaring pets)

> Regarding crashes, this piece of art by the rastacoder Jaromil is a
> forkbomb that
> will fill the RAM of your computer and eventually crash it:
>
> :(){ :|:& };: )

Beautiful. (still not typing it in though) I tried to crash ChucK in a more
aesthetic way like this;
;<<<int tni >>>;

but it wouldn't fall for it.

> On Unix based operating systems, that is. Windows will just crash
> automatically
> without the need of such art.

 Mine doesn't, my Windows install is completely stripped of all stuff I
don't need on it and now it's very, very stable indeed. Of course there's
ChucK but crashing ChucK keeps getting harder and harder because of those
annoying dev's who keep taking the beautiful crashes away.

;¬)