[chuck-users] Neural Nets in ChucK

Inventor-66 at comcast.net Inventor-66 at comcast.net
Tue May 27 06:09:12 EDT 2008

Kassen et al,

I'm comfortable with neural nets, I like the feedforward type with backprop because that's the old standby of neural nets, works great as a pattern recognizer.  I trained some ChucKian little-bitty neural nets to do some music processing and they seemed to work OK, though in my implementations they might have learned the "null pattern" of becoming a pass-thru netowrk.  I'd enjoy having native neural net capability so I can do more work with more neurons as implementing them in the signal chain is expensive.  Maybe one day ChucK will run on multiple processors and we could dedicate some of those processors to neural net processing.  Anyways, nets are fun and if you've had some intro to them then all the better.

Best wishes,

Les
(Inventor)
http:://www.freedomodds.com/music/