[chuck-users] Interesting stereo widening effect

Rich Caloggero rjc at MIT.EDU
Thu May 29 15:00:28 EDT 2008

>BTW, I'm rather surprised that this technique was used in a guitar amp; I thought the sweetspot was relatively small? Wouldn't that be unpractical for guitar amps?
No, this was a consumer stereo (hi-fi) amp made in the '70s.  I think the designers (and companies) name was Carver (George Carver) or some such.

So I take it that 100 us
is 100 microseconds (the suggested delay for speakers placed 3 meters apart)? Sampling rate is aprox. 40k so 1 sample every 250 microseconds?  So from what your saying, this means you'd need to interpelate 250 times per sample?  Now that I think about it (outch this math stuff makes my brain hurt), what does it even mean to hae a delay smaller than the time between samples?

-- Rich