[chuck-users] help understanding lisa

Rogan Carr rogan.carr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:11:02 EST 2008

Kassen

"I think the linear ramps that we have now are good for avoiding
clicks in loops but they do tend to place a spectral footprint on
shorter, denser grains. I wonder if there would be some way to have
more advanced per-voice windowing/enveloping without the syntactic or
CPU overhead getting too bad?"

This is interesting.  I have some code that does pretty cool graining
/ glitching on samples (that I have yet to post on the forum) that I'm
currently using linear ramps for.  What would be the optimal shape for
the grain?  Sine wave attack (sqare-root)?  And what are the effects
on the spectrum?

Rogan