[chuck-users] Electronic ChucK

Spencer Salazar ssalazar at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Oct 2 16:25:48 EDT 2008

Hmm, so you mentioned using PICs to program UGens... to me, it seems
wasteful to pass analog audio between a graph of PIC + ADC/DAC's, why
not pass digital audio between multiple PIC units?  A digital modular
synthesizer of sorts.  A simplified SPDIF or I2S might do the trick
for shuttling samples around.  There could be designs for ADC/DAC
units, and also USB Audio-class units for I/O to conventional computers.

It seems interference/parasitic issues might be more problematic for a
digital signal on unshielded cabling, but I can't claim to be an
expert on any of this.  One also loses analog cred in this way, but it
would definitely keep costs down, and permit easy on the fly
reprogrammability.

spencer