[chuck-users] what a nice guy...

Tom Lieber lieber at princeton.edu
Wed Oct 8 00:26:32 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not all convinced this is what happened here, since that rant is a
> bit crazy, but I can see it.  I don't actually think that rant is all
> that serious anyway.. if you look further in his blog he's got a quick
> post about how easy it was for him to write a quick drum machine in
> ChucK.

It was about how easy it was for *me* to write a quick drum machine in
ChucK (and some attacks on the manner I chose to present it). I
responded because his words carry weight in the Ruby community and I
wanted to put his ravings in perspective for people who know nothing
about ChucK.

Archaeopteryx and ChucK make an interesting combo, by the way. With a
little work you can get ChucK to auto-reload in synchrony with Arx (on
measure boundaries), and even close the loop with a minimal OSC server
in Arx (with rosc or something). I've used it to make controller
values available during rhythm calculation.

--
Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/